Mutual Bank Careers: Love Working Where You Bank
Banking is serious business, but the team at Mutual Bank maintains a relaxed, enjoyable work atmosphere that allows each member to achieve their highest potential and personal fulfillment.
Count on a team that combines diverse backgrounds and skills to offer the best banking services imaginable.
Turning mistakes into learning experiences and problems into solutions is what makes a Mutual Banker succeed, and continue to grow.
As a small bank, it is crucial to stay one step ahead of the constant changes in our industry – and toe-to-toe with the big box banks.
The Mutual Bank team is full of varied perspectives and backgrounds, but all share a common goal to help our customers thrive.
Giving back – and lending a helping hand – to the communities in which we serve is a great source of pride and passion for the Mutual Bank team.
Inquiries from outstanding candidates welcome. If you have sales ability, are a self-starter, embrace community involvement and have a passion to achieve, Mutual Bank may be the right fit for you. Interested in joining the team? Below are lists of current positions and ongoing opportunities.
Mortgage Loan Originator
Great Opportunity! Mutual Bank in Whitman, Massachusetts is looking for an experienced, energetic Mortgage Loan Originator to join our Team in our Residential & Consumer Lending department. This position is responsible for generating residential mortgage and equity loan products in the communities within the Bank lending footprint.
Achieve individual sales and profitability goals by developing referral relationships with Bank associates, realtors, builders, non-profits, government entities and other sources. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential mortgage loan process from application to closing. Includes taking the mortgage application, conducting a preliminary underwriting review and submitting the completed application for processing. Acts as the primary contact with customers and realtors for any follow-up documentation needed to complete the underwriting process. Through providing exceptional customer service and advocacy, build, maintain and expand relationships in order to generate additional business opportunities for the Bank.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop prospects and referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts).
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures and underwriting guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge for all applicable federal and state regulations related to the loan origination process. These regulations include, but are not limited to: BSA, Fair Lending, SAFE Act, HMDA, Truth in Lending, RESPA, and the TRID Disclosure Rule.
- Conduct and coordinate homebuyer-training seminars for potential mortgage applicants.
- Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package within Bank guidelines.
- Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and complete required management reports.
- Communicate with applicants and/or referral sources by providing timely updates and progress reports.
- Maintain high levels of customer service with internal and external clients.
- Involvement in the community and with non-profit organizations and governmental agencies focused on affordable housing programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of residential lending experience.
- Strong background delivering an excellent customer experience to internal and external customers.
- Experience in FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers.
- Well-developed sales ability with proven track record.
- Knowledge of residential mortgage processing, underwriting, and closing procedures.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations and state laws governing real estate lending.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated teamwork and customer service skills and ability to effectively counsel customers.
We offer a competitive pay rate, excellent employee benefits and a great working environment.
Please forward resume to HR@mymutualbank.com.
It is the policy of Mutual Bank to comply with all federal and state laws including, but not limited to, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Strong customer service, attention to detail. Previous cash handling experience a plus. If you take pride in your work, enjoy people, and are always willing to go the extra mile to help your customer, we want to talk with you.
Mutual Bank is an equal opportunity employer. The community we serve is diverse, and we try to foster that diversity in our workplace. We don’t discriminate in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation/identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.