REWARDChecking is more than a free checking account; it's high rates and awesome rewards. Do your banking with simple, time-saving tools and Mutual Bank will reward you with no minimum balance required. Qualify for our highest rates* and nationwide ATM fee refunds** each month when you do easy things like use your debit card for 10+ purchases, have one or more direct deposit or automatic payments or choose eStatements. There's never a penalty if you come up short and you'll still earn the base rate. Plus, get back to earning your full rewards the following month.
Open a REWARDChecking® account today and start earning cash rewards right away, along with these benefits and more:
- No minimum balance
- No monthly service charge
- Earn cash rewards for each month you qualify*
- Free ATMs nationwide plus refunds on other banks' ATM fees**
- Free online & mobile banking and mobile deposit
- Free paperless eStatement option
- Bank where you matter – your local community
Earn cash rewards paid each month.*
FREE ATMs nationwide with ATM fee refunds up to $15 each month.**
Your account is ALWAYS FREE. Plus free online banking, online bill pay & direct deposit.
Pay no monthly service fees.
How do I deposit money?
- Use Direct Deposit for your payroll or government checks; this gives you instant access to your funds. Many employers and most government agencies offer this free service.
- Transfer money from your current account into your newly opened account, online. Log in to your account, and move money between Mutual Bank accounts, or schedule a bank-to-bank, or person-to-person transfer.
- Visit any Mutual Bank branch, or ATM. You can also mail checks.
How do I access my money?
- Shortly after opening your REWARDChecking® account, we'll send you your new Mutual Bank Debit Card. Use this card anywhere that accepts MasterCard.
- If you'd also like to use paper checks, contact us to place an order.
- With online banking, you can access your account from anywhere you have an Internet connection. Bank online to pay bills, view account activity, move money between accounts, and more.
How do I check my balance?
- Log in to your account at MyMutualBank.com.
- Call toll-free Bank By Phone 1-888-226-5276.
- Use your debit card at an ATM and select Balance Inquiry.
What if I need to talk to someone at the bank?
During business hours, call Mutual Bank 1-866-98MYBANK (1-866-986-9226) and we'll connect you to your local banker or the person who can best help you.
What happens if I don't meet the qualifications one month?
If there's a month you don't meet the qualifications, don't worry, there's no penalty and you still have a free checking account that earns a base interest. Plus, the next month you qualify you'll be back to earning huge interest and receiving ATM fee refunds (up to $15 per cycle).
How will I know if I meet the qualifications?
We'll send you an email at the end of each statement cycle that lets you know if you met the qualifications.
Is REWARDChecking® insured?
Yes. All deposits in your REWARDChecking® are fully insured by FDIC and SIF.
Is this too good to be true?
Not in the least! You qualify each month when you do things you probably already do, like: use your debit card, receive eStatements, and make an automatic payment or direct deposit. These activities help Mutual Bank save money, which we pass along to you.
Is there a minimum balance?
No! That's one of the many great benefits of REWARDChecking®.
Do I get checks with this account?
Yes, you can get and use checks as you would with any checking account. After opening your REWARDChecking® account, contact Mutual Bank for details on ordering your checks.
Will I be reimbursed for my ATM transactions after each withdrawal, or at the end of month?
Your nationwide ATM fee refunds (up to $15) are credited to your account at the end of each statement period, on or near the 2nd day of each month.
Minimum to open account is $10.00
*Tier 1 applies to balances of $.01 - $10,000 and Tier 2 applies to balances over $10,000 if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. Base Rate applies to all balances if monthly qualifications are not met. All balances will earn Tier 1 and 2 rates if monthly qualifications are met. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Qualifying transactions must post and clear to the account during the monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to an account. Intra-bank transfers do not count as qualifying transactions.
**ATM Fee reimbursements up to $15 per month and $5 per item provided only if qualifications are met within the monthly qualification cycle.